Professional optical fiber cable manufacturer
Let everyone enjoy the freedom and happiness brought by optical fiber technology
How to check whether the fiber jumper is qualified?
Use the insertion loss tester, first use a light pen to test whether the jumper is light, make sure the fiber is not broken, and measure the indicators. General carrier-level indicators: insertion loss is less than 0.3dB and return loss is greater than 45dB.
The performance test of optical fiber patch cord is divided into:
1. Optical performance testing, including return loss/insertion loss testing. The test instrument can use FibKey 7602 return loss/insertion loss integrated tester.
2. End face geometry test, the parameters tested include radius of curvature, vertex offset, fiber height, etc. The test instrument is an interferometer, and many people use NorlandAC/NC3000 or CC6000 for testing. In particular, the CC6000 interferometer is used in more and more factories because of its superior cost performance.
3. Optical fiber end-face scratch detection, using video optical fiber magnifying glass for observation. For example, many factories use FibView FV-400PA for inspection. The instrument can give the clearest image and the operation is extremely simple. There are also customers who use FibKey-5600 variable magnification magnifying glass for inspection. This instrument integrates 400 times, 200 times, and 80 times magnifiers, which can clearly and conveniently observe the fiber end face and ferrule end face. Of course, you can also use related software for automatic inspection.
4. Optical fiber tensile test, need to test the tensile force that the optical fiber connector can withstand.
5. Ambient temperature experiment, need to test the performance index of the optical fiber connector under different ambient temperature.