Professional optical fiber cable manufacturer
Let everyone enjoy the freedom and happiness brought by optical fiber technology
Matters needing attention in the use of optical fiber jumper:
The transceiver wavelengths of the optical modules at both ends of the fiber jumper must be the same, that is to say, both ends of the fiber must be optical modules of the same wavelength. The simple way to distinguish is that the colors of the optical modules must be the same. Generally, short-wave optical modules use multi-mode fibers (orange fibers), and long-wave optical modules use single-mode fibers (yellow fibers) to ensure the accuracy of data transmission.
Do not over-bend and loop the optical fiber during use, as this will increase the attenuation of the light during transmission.
After using the fiber jumper, be sure to use a protective cover to protect the fiber connector. Dust and oil will damage the coupling of the fiber.
If the fiber connector is dirty, you can clean it with a cotton swab dipped in alcohol, otherwise it will affect the communication quality.
1. The ceramic ferrule and end face of the fiber jumper must be wiped clean with alcohol and absorbent cotton before use.
2. The minimum bending radius of the fiber is not less than 150mm when in use.
3. Protect the ferrule and the end face of the ferrule to prevent bumps and pollution. Wear a dust cap in time after disassembly.
4. Do not look directly at the end face of the optical fiber during laser signal transmission.
5. When there is damage caused by man-made or other force majeure, the damaged fiber jumper should be replaced in time.
6. Read the manual carefully before installation, and install and debug under the guidance of the manufacturer or dealer’s engineer.
7. Abnormalities in the optical fiber network or system can be tested one by one using the troubleshooting method. When testing or troubleshooting jumper faults, you can do a continuity test first, usually you can use a visible laser pointer to judge the entire optical fiber link. Or further use a precision optical fiber insertion loss return loss tester to test its various indicators. If the indicators are within the qualified range, the jumper indicates normal, otherwise it is unqualified.